|AUS | NSW | NT | QLD | SA | TAS | VIC | WA|
|Coach and Official of the Year 2009|
Congratulations to Vicky Watson from Ryde AUSSI Masters Swimming for receiving the Coach of the Year award for 2009. Vicky also won the ASCTA Masters Coach of the Year Award. To read her profile CLICK HERE
Congratulations to Deryn Thomas from Malvern Marlins for receiving the Official of the Year award for 2009. To read her profile CLICK HERE
|Service Award Winners|
|There were a number of people who received national service awards in 2010. Congratulations to our award winners:
Meritorious Award (5 Years) Conspicuous Award (10 Years)
Ian Davis (deceased) Ken Liddy
Paul Watmough John Pollock
Helen Rubin John Pugh
|Vorgee Health Check Award Winners|
|The second Vorgee Club Health Check competition has closed and the winners are:
Launceston Lemmings (TAS) & Rum City Masters (QLD)
CLICK HERE to read a little about each club.
There is a new challenge for you to win $250 for your Club. Tell us about an innovative program or idea that your Club has used to attract members and KEEP them & the $$$ may be yours in September.
There have been two new clubs formed since the March edition e-News.
Georges River Bullsharks
|Vale Ian Davis|
On Saturday 15 May at the Noosa Challengers swimming event in Queensland, Ian Davis of the Queensland Aqualicious Club (formerly from Wett Ones in NSW) passed away. Ian is a past President of Masters Swimming NSW and had served on Masters Swimming Australia’s Governance Committee and as a member of the National Board of Management in 2008/9. He had been an active member of the Wett Ones Masters Swimming Club Committee since 2001.
Ian moved to Brisbane in mid 2008 when he joined the Queensland Law Reform Commission as a full time member. He was presented with a Meritorious Award for his Service to Masters Swimming Australia at the recent National Championships in Launceston.
|To use the FINA search engine to find out who holds the World record in your age group CLICK HERE
For all of the latest National records CLICK HERE to be taken through to the results portal.
|2010 National Championships report|
The 2010 National Championships were a great success. They were hosted by the Tasmanian Branch in Launceston’s new Aquatic Centre and were held over a short course. Entries were strong, records tumbled and a lot of fun was had by all. Congratulations to Ray Brien and his Organising Committee for the planning and delivery of the event. READ MORE…
|2011 National Championships WA|
|Regular meetings have been held and planning is well underway:
• Event brochure was produced and distributed to 2010 National Masters Championship participants in Launceston in April
• Event banner was handed over in Launceston and update of official name will be completed in time for 2011 event
• Event logo has been designed and is now on National and MSWA websites for links to information and updates
• Merchandise items are being investigated
• Call for event officials will be forwarded throughout Australia in October 2010
• Submission to Department of Sport and Recreation for sponsorship is being drafted
• Venues for Welcome Function and Lunch Presentation Function still to be confirmed
• Fee for Welcome Function will be kept to a minimum, through financial support from MSWA, to encourage attendance
• Opening Ceremony will be conducted at the Welcome Function
• Interest has been expressed from overseas swimmers so additional invitations will be forwarded to near-neighbouring countries for participation as our guests
|To read the full article written by Stephen Cornelius on “Different ways to swim the same set and relating it to your event”. CLICK HERE|
|To read the latest update (April 2010) on the swimwear rules CLICK HERE
To read an article by the Chair of the technical committee concerning Watches & assistance at meets. CLICK HERE
This email was sent by Sarah Roach, Masters Swimming Australia, Level 2 Sports House, 375 Albert Road, Albert Park, Australia, 3206